No 4th of July cookout is complete without some patriotic desserts to enjoy while watching the fireworks light up the evening sky. Below are a few easy desserts to add to your menu that are sure to please anyone.
RED WHITE AND BLUE STRAWBERRIES
-Strawberries, washed and dried
-Blue sugar, edible glitter, or sprinkles (blue sugar is shown in the picture)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 package marshmallows
- 3 TB margarine or butter
- Food coloring (red and blue)
1. Gather your supplies and divide the rice krispies and marshmallows in three for the three layers.
2. Microwave the marshmallows for a few minutes until they get really big and almost touch the top of the microwave. Take them out, stir well and add the food coloring. Then add the 2 cups of Rice Krispies and stir well. Press into well greased 9×13 or 9×9 depending on the thickness of your treats.
3. Do this for all 3 layers starting with the blue, then white and then red. Pat down all layers really well using wax paper.
4. Let set for a bit, then cut, serve and enjoy!